Finance and Accounting Manager (Louvain-La-Neuve)
We are looking for a Finance and Accounting Manager to strengthen our finance and accounting team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing highly specialized accounting work required to maintain the general ledger.
The Finance and Accounting Manager will address tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation for multiple legal entities, financial analysis and reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
The main responsibilities will be the following:
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closings and reviews general ledger on a monthly basis
- Own daily bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivables, payroll booking, payment administration, assistance with end-of-month closing, tax and audit preparation, and other related duties as assigned
- Coordinate and produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements as well as ad hoc financial reports
- Responsible for the accuracy, consistency and timeliness of the financial analysis and reporting and Accounting functions while providing information to the Head of Finance and Executives
- Support financial forecasting and budgeting
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting, finance and cross departmental processes and procedures and assist the associated implementation and features to enhance the workflow
- Able to maintain accounting and tax controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures in line with tax evolution and international expansion
- Support the team in understanding their financials and answering questions related to their P&L
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and with partners.
This function reports directly to the Head of Finance and Administration Department and will be based in Louvain-La-Neuve.
- Degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a finance and/or accounting position within an International environment
- Self-motivated, strong attention to detail and analytical mindset
- Outstanding client service, communication and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge in Excel and accounting software
- Ability to work independently and to coach other team member
- Dynamic and multi tasks
- Excellent problem solving skills (detection, solutions, optimization)
- Team player
- Fluent in French and good level in English and/or Dutch