Research and development | Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
At a glance, you will
Meet awesome people
Grow with EMAsphere
Enjoy a great working atmosphere
About the job
As a Back-end Software Engineer, you will be part of an agile development team, within the R&D department, that develops a SaaS solution in the cloud, on recent mainstream and innovative technologies, such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Microservices architecture, …
Your main tasks will be:
- To translate needs into solutions: Your job starts from a good understanding of the business requirements. You are in charge of translating them into a solution and validating it with the business experts.
- To care for the technical design in the software: You care for the technical design in the software and implement it together with the team.
- To help others in the support/maintenance: You quickly acquire an in-depth knowledge of some components/microservices, that enables you to act as a leader on this part of the Software, helping others in their solution analysis in this part and helping in the support/maintenance in case of issue.
Education : You have a master degree in computer science, or equivalent through your experience.
Experience: You have 2 to 5 years experience with Java development.
Languages : You are fluent in French or Dutch, with a good level in English.
Skills: Good knowledge of:
- Java programming language, Web Standards and the Spring ecosystem; Kotlin is an asset.
- SQL language, Relational Model; ORM is an asset.
- Non-Relational Databases (key-value, document, graph, …) is an asset.
- Collaboration & automation tools (GIT, Maven/Gradle, JIRA, Notion, CI/CD, …) is an asset.
- Cloud technologies (AWS S3, RDS, Aurora, Kubernetes, MQ, …) is an asset.
- Front-end technologies (Node, HTML, CSS, Angular, …) is an asset.
- You demonstrate a genuine interest in software creation.
- You are honest, open and eager to learn.
- You seek for innovative, beautiful and ambitious solutions.
- You are eager to continuously improve your knowledge of both the technologies and the business.
- Teamwork is in your DNA, but you are also able to work independently.
What we offer
Join a team as exceptional as you
Acquire strong skills and expertise
Enjoy working in great workplaces
Feel good at work
Happy hours, staff events, family days, relaxation room, the fruit-monday, the buddy-program, ... We do our best to make EMAsphere a happy place to work.
We also have an event committee waiting for you!